Redlands Quilt Extravaganza, inc.
19th, 20th, 21st July 2019
- All items can be entered for “Judging “
- Items can be submitted for “display purposes only” on the provision there is hanging space available.
- An Entry Form must be completed for each item entered.
- All items will be exhibited at the owner’s risk. Insurance, if required, must be arranged by the entrant/ owner.
- There is no charge to enter quilts and other items in the Quilt Extravaganza.
- A HANGING SLEEVE 10cm wide is to be STITCHED OR SECURELY ATTACHED TO THE TOP OF THE QUILT AND SHOULD BE 2cm short from each end.
- A quilt is defined as three (3) layers of fabric held together at regular intervals by stitching or some other means.
- No quilt larger than 300cm x 300cm can be exhibited.
No framed Embroidery (including frame) entry item to be larger than approx. 75cm x 50cm.
Hand Embroidered Wall Hangings 50cm x 75cm approx.
Creative Arts e.g. urns, vases etc. are to be stable with a base no larger than 40cm x 40cm
If in doubt call contact BELOW.
- No more than six (6) items may be entered for judging by any entrant. Items for hanging in the display will be selected at the judges’ discretion. Each item must be secured in a separate bag for transportation.
- Comprehensive credit for design and inspiration must be given. Full details must be supplied and attribution given if the entry has been made in a class or workshop or taken from a publication. A short description of the quilt (approximately 40 words or less) acknowledging all sources of inspiration must accompany the entry.
- The entrant is responsible for obtaining written permission for use of copyright material including trademarks.
- A PROFESSIONAL is defined as a person who: makes (or has made) a livelihood from teaching or publishing in a field of craft or who makes financial gain from constructing and/or selling and/or designing items or components of craft or has won “Best of Show” or two First prizes in a major judged competition excluding Viewers’ Choice. Having exhibited as a professional, amateur status cannot be resumed.
6A. An ADVANCED EMBROIDERER is one who has won significant prizes, e.g. “Best of Show” or two First Prizes in a major judged competition excluding Viewer’s Choice.
- A COMMERCIAL QUILTER is someone who has quilted a quilt on a long-arm industrial machine or similar machine quilting system or who has accepted payment for quilting a quilt.
- All quilt entries that have been awarded prizes in Overseas or Australian State or National Quilt Competitions are welcome for display only.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to establish, prior to the competition, the correct category for each entry.
- No item may be entered into more than one category.
- Each entry must have a securely attached label on the back stating the name, address and phone number of the entrant as well as the entry or item name.
- Prizes awarded in all categories will be made to the entrant/owner of the item only. All contributors must be acknowledged.
- If less than four (4) items are entered in a category, Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the judges.
- Judging will take place prior to the event commencing and prize ribbons will be attached to the winning items prior to the event opening.
- The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Redlands Quilt Extravaganza Inc. takes no responsibility for claims of originality given by the entrants.
- Members of Redlands Quilt Extravaganza Inc. reserve the right to photograph all entries for purposes such as record keeping, publicity, publication or other appropriate purpose.
- All entries, accompanied by an Entry Form, are to be delivered to Bayside Stitchcraft, Shop 2/140 Ross Court, Cleveland, between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm on Thursday 27th and Friday 28th and Saturday 29th from 9.00am to 1.00pm of June 2019
- Entry Forms are available on the Redlands Quilt Extravaganza Inc. website https://www.redlandsquiltextravaganza.com/ or from the contact details below. They will be also available from most of our Retail Vendors and Community Groups who are our sponsors at the event.
- Each entry MUST be delivered in its own amply sized bag, preferable a cloth one, padded where necessary, e.g. where the work is framed, showing suitable identification, i.e. name, address, and phone number.
- All Entries must be collected after the show at the RPAC at 3.30pm, Sunday, 21st July, 2019. Any person who is unable to collect their own entries at that time can delegate another person to collect their entry with the entrant’s receipt.
- Redlands Quilt Extravaganza Inc. accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage or destruction of all quilts, embroideries or textile arts entries, whether in transit or while in our custody. Insurance cover is the responsibility of the entrant /owner.
- The Redlands Quilt Extravaganza Inc. Committee reserves the right to redirect any entry deemed to be in an incorrect category.
Chairperson/Secretary: Jenny Jorgensen
Phone: 07 33905839